....
...., ....
Experience:  ............
4419077

I have a Honda Fourtrax 250X. It wont idle when the choke

I have a Honda Fourtrax 250X. It won't idle when the choke is off. Does it need a new choke or can it be adjusted to idle faster when it is warm.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  .... replied 6 years ago.
Good day and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with your problem today. The carb is either still not clean on the idle or pilot circuit, not set up rich enough, the choke is leaking or there is a vacuum leak.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello, how do I check to see if it is not set up rich enough and check for vaccum or carb leaks?
Expert:  .... replied 6 years ago.
You need to go back through your work, check that the carb was set up as it was before disassembly. Use the mixture screw to make it leaner or richer to see it that helps, inspect the hoses & carb rubber parts to see if they are dry/brittle & need replaced.