...., ....
Experience:  ............

A 1998 arctic cat 300 4x4 and the motor..rebuilt..warms..idles fine

i have a 1998 arctic cat 300 4x4 and the motor has been rebuilt but it is hard to start when it is cold, once it warms up it runs and idles fine. it dosent seem like the choke is woring properly, when you irst get it started you have to keep reveing the engine to keep it running it dosent go to fast idle like it use to do. had the dealership rebuild the carb and it still the same any suggestions it has a bts31 mikuni on it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  .... replied 6 years ago.
Good day and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with your problem today. I'd read the plug to see if it's rich or lean. Revving the engine to keep it running indicates a jetting issue or valve clearance issue. Reading the plug will tell you if it is rich or lean & you can adjust from there. Just because the carb was rebuilt does not mean that it does not need adjusted to run right on your machine.