....
...., ....
Experience:  ............
4419077

I have an oil leak on my Suzuki 650 Savage. It looks like the

I have an oil leak on my Suzuki 650 Savage. It looks like the oil leak starts at or below a large chrome piece at the top head of engine and runs down the cooling fins.
Where is the oil leak coming from? I would like to get it fixed.
Thanks for you input.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  .... replied 7 years ago.
Good day and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with your problem today. That sounds like a valve cover gasket leak, as that would be the only chrome part in that area. I would clean the area well & ride the bike to verify that it is in fact leaking from the engine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need a new cover valve gasket to fix the leak? if in fact the oil is coming from there?
Expert:  .... replied 7 years ago.
The gaskets rarely leak, I mean if you had like 100,000 miles on it may be, I bet a quick snugging of the valve cover bolts would stop it altogether though. If there has been recent service work involving valve cover removal, the gasket maybe pinched, twisted or ripped. That may require replacement. Because I can't see the leak it is very hard for me to tell you how in depth the repair will take you. I do know that they rarely leak unless tampered with, or are installed incorrectly.