Doug E.
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.

i have a mule 3010, and when turn the ignition key, nothing

i have a mule 3010, and when turn the ignition key, nothing happens. Thought it was the starter relay, but if you manually press the relay switch together, it will turn over and start, regardless what position the key is in. is there a fuse somewhere on this thing that i can't find that deals with the switch? or is it another relay somewhere between switch and starter relay?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E. replied 4 years ago.

Are you saying that you have no power to lights or anything or just no power to the starter? If it's just the starter, you have a relay that gets signals from the neutral switch. Your neutral switch may be unplugged or faulty, or the relay could be bad. If you have no power to anything, take a look at the fuses and the ignition switch. Follow the power from the battery to the switch then back to the relay to see where the problem is.

I don't see many wiring problems, but if you are using this in the winter, there may be water or ice in the switch or relay.

I'm going to be right back and post the wiring diagram for you. It's in two sections so you need to print it out and tape it together or it's tough to follow.

Doug
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is power to the lights, just not to the starter. if i take the plastic cap off the relay that is beside the fuse box under the seat, and press the relay leads together, it will start the engine, regardless of if the ignition switch is turned on or not. I just don't get anything at all from the starter by turning the ignition switch on. the lights come on, but nothing else.
Expert:  Doug E. replied 4 years ago.
Here is the main diagram and the starter diagram. Let me know if you have any questions. You should be able to track down the problem with a multimeter.

Doug

graphic
graphic
graphic
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience: Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.
Expert:  Doug E. replied 4 years ago.
The last diagram should be the one you need. It covers just the starter wiring.

Doug