A.Knight
A.Knight, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Broze, Silver, and Gold Certified. Yamaha Top Technician (twice).Certified in all Big 4 makes
14891765

I have to replace the belt on a Polaris Ranger 700XP. Do I

I have to replace the belt on a Polaris Ranger 700XP. Do I just remove drive or driven pulley and put on new belt and reinstall pulley? Is there any springs or loaded components I have to be aware of?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  A.Knight replied 7 years ago.
Actually you do not have to remove either one of the clutches to replace the belt. The Driven clutch (one on the transmission side/most rearward) is spring loaded, if you pull up or down on the belt firmly, the belt will force the 2 clutch sheaves (pulleys) apart allowing you enough slack to remove the belt.

The Drive Clutch (front) requires a special tool to remove, but there would be no harm in removing the Driven (rear) clutch. Just unbolt it and slide it right off...