stiger53
stiger53, Technician
Experience:  10+ years cert. seadoo, skidoo, spyder, can-am atv, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, polaris, arctic cat
27015282

My four wheeler will not shift to neutral, so I..cannot start..rancher

My four wheeler will not shift to neutral, so I cannot start it. I think it is a rancher 350.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  stiger53 replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

Have acouple of questions is the unit eletric shift or manual and what does the shifter feel like when moving it. If it is manual their is a manual shift in the right rear of engine a 12 mm wrench will fit on it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

manual.

it feels like it does not want to shift

Expert:  stiger53 replied 7 years ago.

You will have to remove the cover and inspect give me acouple of minutes going to send diagrams.

Expert:  stiger53 replied 7 years ago.

graphic

Edited by stiger53 on 12/18/2009 at 7:09 PM EST
Expert:  stiger53 replied 7 years ago.

the gear shift plate and the shift drum behind it are the areas to look at. Remove the front cover and try to shift the unit while watching these areas should see something wrong. The gearshift plate and shift drum have both been updated because of problems with breaking. If the shift drum is the problem you will have to pull the motor and disassemble the crankcase to fix.

If you like this answer hit accept if you want more info answer back. Thank you and happy riding.