Ski Doctor
Ski Doctor, powersports repair specialist
Experience:  over a decade of double time experience, excellent electrical and mechanical diagnosis capabilties
8702253

How do you reset belt light on 2005 650 v-2 Artic cat

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Ski Doctor replied 5 years ago.

the first thing you need to determine is why the belt light came on. there are several reasons that can set it off.

1: every 100 hours, the belt light will come on as a maintence reminder, and the belt must be checked and then reset.

2: the belt was loose and work out, and caused the belt sensor to trip, and turned the light on.

3: there is a recall for the belt noise sensor, which is a noise dampner to prevent the belt light from coming on when no problems exist. you need to be sure the recall wire harness was installed on your unit.

reguardless of why the belt light came on, there is a jumper wire you will need to reset it. the belt reset is a connector that is a jumper, that will connect two iof the wires for the belt control system, which is a tool only the dealers will carry. you will need to take the atv to the dealer, and have them reset the belt light uning the special belt reset tool. while the atv is at the dealer, they can check the vin number to check if the ecall was performed. the recall wire harness will be installed for free, no parts or labor cost, because this is a part from arctic cat that needs to be on your unit. without the wire harness, your belt light will continue to come on, and limit your speed to 5 ot 10 mph.