A.Knight, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Broze, Silver, and Gold Certified. Yamaha Top Technician (twice).Certified in all Big 4 makes

2006 kawasaki brute force 650, how do you reset the service belt light

on a 2006 kawasaki brute force 650, how do you reset the service belt light.
The toggle should face the rear of the atv as it sits inside the cover, in a position where if the belt was to hit the switch, it would make it change positions.

Abouve the belt cover there are 3 plugs, a 2 pin for the switch, a gray plug, and a black plug. Unplug the 2 pin for the switch, and unplug both the gray and black plugs. Now leaver the switchs plug undone and reverse the other 2, plug the gray into the black and vice versa.

Now switch the key on and wait about 15 seconds. Turn the key off and put everything back the way they were originally, and it should be reset.

I know, it is ridiculous, but I didnt make all this up :)