oldracer95, Technician
Experience:  27 years dealership experience, Avid racer of both street and dirt. Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha

Ranger: sluggish..low accelerate past 30mph it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 polaris ranger 700. It has been running sluggish and acting like it is missing while at low speeds. After you accelerate past 30mph it starts running smoothly again. I have a friend that has the same problem with his 06 ranger 700. He has replaced the throttle cable, spark plugs, plug wires, and throttle body and the problem still exists. Could you please give me some idea of what the problem may be before I just start replacing parts like he did.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  oldracer95 replied 7 years ago.

Inspect the wires going to the intake boot about 100mm from the throttle body. Give them a gental tug to make sure none to the wires will slip out of the plug.

This is a common problem that I have repaired sevral of these. This plug is called a

T-BAP sensor and reads air pressure (or lack of air)

Write back if you have questions or you find loose wire here.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Chris Upson (oldracer95)