Eric, Technician
Experience:  MMI grad. 7 years experience in Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, as service manager and tech.

Im trying to time my 1985 Honda 200X, timing marks for the

Customer Question

I'm trying to time my 1985 Honda 200X, timing marks for the coil
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
hello and welcome
to time the igniton on this. first find the two inspection caps on the left crankcase cover. there is one larger and one smaller. both look like they get threaded off with a large flat screwdriver. the larger hole is an acces to turn the crank while serviceing the atv. and be sure to turn it counterclockwise when doing so only. the smaller inspection hole has a notch on the caseing. if you rotate the crank over you should eventually find a hash mark with the F mark. align that with the notch in the case. next look up to the pulser coil and trigger cam for it. the pulser coil itself has a line molded into the plastic of it. you will align the pulser coil line with the line mark on the trigger cam. and that sets the timeing. i hope this is some help but if not let me know ill be happy to help. thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX thing off the list lol.

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
excellent. just let me know if you need anything else. thanks!