Terry, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experiance multi-line tech specializing in H-D. troubleshooting and advanced fuel injection

How do I remove the seat from a 2007 Honda Shadow VLX I am

How do I remove the seat from a 2007 Honda Shadow VLX? I am wanting to mount saddle bag brackets. Thanks, Kathy
I am pretty sure the VLX has bolts holding the seat in place, these bolts are basicly on each side where the largest part of the seat meets the motorcycle. I believe they are metric allen bolts and the heads of the bolts point to the rear of the bike.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, there are bolts under the back seat sissy pad and under the front seat as well . Plus there are bolts attached to a bracket going from the front seat to the back seat. On top of all the different bolts there is almost know hand clearance to access from. Can you be more specific?
The two allen bolts I am refering to would be in the rear corner's of the seat where it meets the frame. You would have to remove them with an allen key, or an allen socket on an extension, this would be the easiest tool. Once these two bolts are removed the front seat should lift off exposing the bolts that hold down the rear seat.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Terry, I'll try to remove the allen bolts. Maybe that will work.
Ok let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Terry,That's it! Thanks, I'll accept so you can get paid. have a great evening. Kathy
Thanks and don't forget feedback.