TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

04 honda aquatrax r-12 lost key code how do I start

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

You must follow the procedure exactly:

• With the lanyard removed unplug the 8 pin grey connector.
  • With the mode and set buttons pushed insltall the lanyard and hold the MODE and SET buttons for at least 5 seconds. The ID No will come on and the first digit of the ID number will come on and start blinking and the warning buzzer beeps.
  • Push the ID No button until 9 is displayed. Press ID SET button and the second digit of the ID number starts blinking.
  • Push the ID No button until the second nine is displayed. Push the ID SET button.
  • Push the ID No button until the third nine is displayed. Push the ID SET button. The combination meter turns off indicating the key is unlocked.
  • Pull the lanyard out of the engine stop switch. Reconnect the 8 pin meter connector.
  • Reinstall the lanyard in the stop switch.

It sounds like you did not set each of the 9's individually or that you did not remove the lanyard after the meter display shut off and you reconnected the 8 pin connector.

If this answer was helpful please click accept and leave positive feedback. I do not get paid until you click accept.

TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had installed the lanyard before pressing the mode set button would that have caused it not to reset?
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you must push the ID SET button for the final time and the meter display will turn off. Then remove the lanyard.