Terry
Terry, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experiance multi-line tech specializing in H-D. troubleshooting and advanced fuel injection
9367777

How much oil and what type goes in a 2002 sportster primary

How much oil and what type goes in a 2002 sportster primary cover. A budy of mine added a quart whithout draining any and it is blowing oil out the breather tube. Is there an easy fix?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Terry replied 7 years ago.
The only fix at this point would be to drain the primary case from the plug. Then you could refill with "Sportster Gear and Chain Oil". 1 full qt.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Any way to clear the breather tube so oil isn't blowing all over everything? I thought about blowing air back thru the tube but not sure it's a good idea.
Expert:  Terry replied 7 years ago.
I wouldn't recomend blowing air back, once you drain and refill the breather should stop leaking.