TechScooter
TechScooter, Technician
Experience:  Honda and Kawasaki Motorcycle, ATV, MUV, KLX, CR/CRF certified
16297587

ATV..the drain hose from the bottom of the carburetor..screw

I have a 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 ATV. Fuel runs out the drain hose from the bottom of the carburetor. I replaced the drain screw, but that didn't stop the problem. What could the problem be?

It is overflowing because the float is not stopping the fuel. it may be due to the float being stuck or the needle is grooved, or trash in the needle seat, or even float height is wrong. The only way to tell is open the carb and inspect it. Let me know if the float is stuck or the needle is grooved, if neither we can work from there. Thank you - TechScooter

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will get busy and remove the carburetor and look at it.
just keep me informed - TechScooter
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had to go to work today, so couldn't get time to take the carburetor off. Will get time tomorrow, April 11, and will let you know then what I found.

Thank you

Just keep me posted. -Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I took the carburetor apart today. Raising the float up as far as it would go with my finger would not completely stop the flow of fuel. The needle valve set appears to have some wear, so I have ordered a new set from Yamaha. Thanks for your help.
Its what Im here for. Thank you - TechScooter