Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.

I have a 2005 king quad 700 (one of the first thousand). It

Customer Question

I have a 2005 king quad 700 (one of the first thousand). It starts O.K. but stalls when any type of electrical load is applied (head lights, brake lights, neutral to hi lo or reverse, 2 toXXXXXetc.) Sometimes it takes several seconds to stall. Sometimes I can get it to run at a higher rpm. No error codes in dealer mode. New well charged battery. No voltage drop at battery when stalling. New plug,no difference. No blown fuses. Swaped an ecm with another atv, no differance
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 7 years ago.
That bike had a ignition recall. What is your vin #?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the vin is jsaap41a152111497

a recall would be great !!!

this is one of the earliest king quads made. it was made in japan as a 1000 unit trail run before assembly was moved to the USA.

at first the fuel pump relay checked out ok but after reinstalling it
the bike would not start or run, and had an error code c41 (fuel pump circuit) I replaced the relay and it still wouldn't run. It runs
with the contacts jumpered. The coil side has voltage but pulls no amperage and appeared to be open in the ecm (wires check out) I have been using a very sensitive fluke multimeter. at this point it seems to be the ecm but a positive check would be nice, a recall would be better.

I am a industrial electrician so the checks are accurate and you can go ahead and all those fancy terms in ohms law, also I have a hard copy
of the suzuki service manual I can refer to

uncle dave
All recall have already been preformed on your bike. The manual states that with a code 41 you either have a bad relay, wiring issues or the answer you do not want to hear, bad ECM. You have done some nice diag work. Replace the ecm...Chris
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks chris,

things are not so bad, now I get to hot rod it with an aftermaret ecm

uncle dave
Good luck with it.