Doug E.
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.

I have a 1978 Honda Express Moped with 3447 miles, runs really

I have a 1978 Honda Express Moped with 3447 miles, runs really well, in great condition WITH the title. I want to sell it but dont know how much its worth?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E. replied 7 years ago.
Hi heartherakablondie,

The best time to sell that would be right about the time school is getting out for the summer. That way you get the youth crowd and the collector crowd.

Current book value on that unit is $250 to $900. $900 would be in perfect condition.

I hope that helps you out.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I dont know that much about the bike but do know its in very good condition. We were hoping to get at least $400 out of it because it doesnt have many miles on it and comes with the clean title. Is that a feasible amount to sell it for?

Expert:  Doug E. replied 7 years ago.
Yes indeed. The higher the gas prices the more money you can get for it. I don't know where you live, but prices are highest here in the Spring. (We still have snow so that's in about a month from now here.)

Last Summer when gas was $4 you could have gotten $500 or $600 very easily.

I would try selling it on Craig's List. I've had very good luck selling bikes on there, and it's free.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yeah, we still have some snow here too. And gas is fairly steady at 1.70 to 1.80 for the last 3 months. We may just post it on craigs list for $450 and see how it goes. Thanks for all your help!

Expert:  Doug E. replied 7 years ago.
Good luck!
Expert:  Doug E. replied 7 years ago.
Did you need more information?