MarcLeonti
MarcLeonti, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Working on motorcycles for 15 years. Worked for dealerships for 5 years, now I run my own shop.
12333077

Have a Honda Rancher AT ATV and the cooling fan does not cycle

Have a Honda Rancher AT ATV and the cooling fan does not cycle on/off. I guess it draws air through the oil cooler. Anyway, it looks as if there is a vacuum line running into the fan that may accuate the fan that runs from the fan towards the front of the ATV and ties into a t-connector. Any ideas as to what actually activates the fan?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Delsley replied 7 years ago.
Hi what year is this ? What size is it ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is a 05 or 06 350 Rancher AT

Expert:  Delsley replied 7 years ago.
I'm going to opt out of this question and move it over to the motorcycles Experts . I think they could help you out more .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK Thanks
Expert:  MarcLeonti replied 7 years ago.
Cooling fans are normally controlled by a temperature switch completing the circuit which powers the fan. When the motor, coolant, oil, etc. reaches a certain temperature (depending where the temperature switch is located on that particular machine) the switch closes and electricity flows to the fan. When temperature drops below a certain point, the temperature switch opens and stops power from reaching the fan. I don't know where you're located, but most places are pretty cool this time of year. Since your bike is air cooled, and it's not hot out, the machine may not be reaching a high enough temperature that requires the fan to come on.
MarcLeonti, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Working on motorcycles for 15 years. Worked for dealerships for 5 years, now I run my own shop.