MOT. MASTER TECH
MOT. MASTER TECH, MASTER TECH
Experience:  HONDA SUZUKI YAMAHA KAWAZAKI HARLEY DAVIDSON BOMBARDIE CERTFIED. M.V.T. (MOST VALUABLE TECH) 1997-99
13773799

rx: it idles..I attempt to accelerate it bogs down and then backfires

I have an 05 Yamaha RX1-ER that will not run correctly. I start it just fine and it idles normally. However as soon as I attempt to accelerate it bogs down and then backfires. Was running fine yesterday with same gas. Any ideas as to what it could be.
heyCustomer
at first it sound like you have a fauled plug . that is the first thing you should check.
if that dosn't solve it there are a few steps i will help you follow thru.

cheers
MOT. MASTER TECH, MASTER TECH
Experience: HONDA SUZUKI YAMAHA KAWAZAKI HARLEY DAVIDSON BOMBARDIE CERTFIED. M.V.T. (MOST VALUABLE TECH) 1997-99
Have your dealer check your Primary ID to see if your bike is in the affected range of the service bulletin for that symptom. I suspect you are having problems with the TPS. This is a known problem and Yamaha was taking care of it.
RSRBOB