Mrmocycle, Technician
Experience:  Honda Bronze Certfied, Yamaha 5 Star Certified, Suzuki Exp. Kaw Exp. Now own Succesful Shop

My 2001 Honda Rancher ES, 350, is leaking gas from a gas line

Customer Question

My 2001 Honda Rancher ES, 350, is leaking gas from a gas line that comes from the carb and runs vertically down thru the ATV. This gas line has a small device attached to it that is larger in diameter than the gas line but still quite small in diameter and is an inch or two in length. Another piece of gas line is attached to the opposite end of this device but leads to nothing. Has this gas line come unattached to something? I have been using the 4 wheeler in deep snow and our weather has been well below zero. Any ideas or advice? Thank you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Mrmocycle replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening, This is your overflow tube from carburetor. Usually when they start leaking you either have a float height problem or your float needle is worn and will need replaced. I will be happy to give you instructions on how to check float height and inspect float needle just let me know. I can also provide you with part numbers if we end up having to replace any parts. If you need any further assistance please let me know. Thanks

If you are satisfied with information provided please click Accept button. I can still assist you after payment has been made. Thanks for using Just Answer!