....
...., ....
Experience:  ............
4419077

HOW MUCH HORSE POWER CAN I GET OUT OF 88 CUBIC INCH HARLEY

Customer Question

HOW MUCH HORSE POWER CAN I GET OUT OF 88 CUBIC INCH HARLEY V-TWIN WITH JUST BOLT ON STUFF
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  .... replied 7 years ago.
What exactly do you mean by "bolt on"?

Since any modifications from changing an air to cleaner to building a top fuel drag motor requires "bolting on" parts there is a vast range of possibilities. Not to mention the fact that my guess is, that your quest ultimately is for the stump pulling torque that makes riding a big inch V-twin a blast, the pull that yanks your feet off your controls & slides you back onto the fender whilst you seem to contort the space time continuum on the way to the next watering hole.

In the end it boils down to budget. Fast is not cheap & costs more in the long run in most cases with longevity issues. More power increases wear & fatigue on everything.

You should take a peak at Zipper's Performance Products web site. They have great "bolt on" engine kits that are for stock 88" motors that convert them to 96", on up to 130"+ ready to run performance engines.

Or just their cylinder heads. About 95% of all 4 stroke performance gains are achieved in the cylinder head. In my opinion & experience a properly done set of heads is the best money that you can spend on performance work. Headquarters is another head specialty shop that does amazing work.

In all reality with a stock 88" motor, depending on your elevation & atmosphere you can achieve near the 100 hp, 105 ft lb mark. You would need the bike to be in a top state of tune with the right selection of parts & a shop that knows dyno tuning.

What kind of budget do you have & are you just shooting for max numbers or a certain level of reliability?