Mrmocycle
Mrmocycle, Technician
Experience:  Honda Bronze Certfied, Yamaha 5 Star Certified, Suzuki Exp. Kaw Exp. Now own Succesful Shop
11958453

wont start..timing problem ineed a sketch of the cams..flywheel

Customer Question

my rmz(NNN) NNN-NNNNwont start because timing problem ineed a sketch of the cams and the flywheel showing me the correct aligment.thanks fredd
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

2005 Suzuki rmz 250

Already Tried:
everything
Expert:  michael replied 5 years ago.

there is a web site you can get the entire manual for this bike it has everything . repairmanuals.com

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont want to buy the service manual i think that you know the answer to my question
Expert:  Mrmocycle replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer The other expert that was helping you Opted out, so I will try and help you. As far as getting you a diagram of this I cannot provide you with that, however I can take you step by step to try and help you. Some of these models have had problems with the valves becoming tight, causing a No-Start issue. I would check your valve clearance to be sure its adjusted to spec. If you want to inspect cam timing you want to turn engine over counter clockwise watch for the intake valve to open and then close, this will tell you your on the compression stroke, slow down when intake valve starts to close, align the -T- mark on the flywheel. This will be TDC, now check to make sure both cam lobes are pointing out, then make sure that the dots on the end of the cam sprockets are aligned with the top of the head surface. Thats it, if its off just adjust and do these steps over. I hope this helps some, If I can assist you any further please let me know. Thanks and Good Luck! Mrmocycle

If you are satisfied with Answer please click Accept button. I can still assist after payment has been made. I want you to be completly satisfied thats my Goal! Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

which are the clearance of the valves intake and exhaust.