TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.

I have a 02 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 that will start

I have a 02 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 that will start but won''t idle. I have fresh gas in it. I have changed the spark plugs and even taken the carb off and checked the jets and needles and everything looks good. What else could cause it not to idle?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 8 years ago.

Have you tried raising the idle speed with the adjustment screw on the left side below the throttle cables? Does the bike run better with the choke fully on? If so then the slow jets in the carburetors are probably clogged from old fuel. These jets have an extremely small orifice that is very difficult to clean. I recommend replacing the slow jets rather than trying to clean them. They are part #25 on the link below.

If this answer was helpful please click accept and leave positive feedback.