Glenn Adams II
Glenn Adams II, Motorcycle/ATV Technician
Experience:  6 years Motorcycle/ATV/Water Craft; 4 years auto; 18 years carpenter
8552530

the main fuse 30a blows on my honda rancher 4 wheeler. Why

No Comment Added
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a wench on the machine, I removed the power to the wench. Fuse still blows. I also have heated grips, I removed power to them, fuse still blows. The fuse blows with the key switch off. Dead short.
Expert:  Glenn Adams II replied 8 years ago.

Remove the blown fuse and install a light bulb. I always use an old tail or running light socket and bulb. Connect negative and positive leads to the fuse socket. The light will illuminate due to the short.

Begin to unplug one load (light,cdi,etc) @ a time until the light goes out or dims to almost no light. When the light turns out then you have found the shorted component. If this does not work the wiring harness has a damaged wire.