TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

How do I remove the seat from a 1998 Honda Shadow

No Comment Added
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  garybrwnmsqt replied 9 years ago.
You should have 4 bolts at base of seat that attach thru floor panel. Remove these 4 bolts and seat. That should do it for you. Thanks
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Gary's Post: perhaps I made a mistake...I was looking for information on removing the seat of a Honda Shadow motorcycle. If I can't get an answer on that, I'll sing off so you can be paid.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Which engine does your shadow have [600, 750 or 1100], and which model is it.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Its a 1998 Honda Shadow VLX 600cc.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 years ago.

There are two small socket head bolts located on either seat of the seat below the seam that seperates the front and rear seat and that bolt the seat to a bracket on the fender. Remove the bolts then slide the seat straight back to remove the slotted bracket that holds the back of the passenger seat to the fender. A link below may help.

http://216.37.204.206/wps/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp?Type=13&A=203&B=42

If this answer was helpful please click accept and leave positive feedback.

TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My seat is all one piece. I went all around the seat and there are no bolts like that. It appears the the seat is mounted from the bottom. The site doesn't show the seat I have....If need be...I'll sign off and cut my losses, its only $9.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 years ago.
If your seat does not look like those in the parts diagram then it is not the original seat and probably has bolts that go thru the bottom of the fender into the seat base.