I fix the auger cable on TROY-bilt snow thrower model#STORM 8526

Customer Question

How do I fix the auger cable on TROY-BILT snow thrower model#STORM 8526
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  js4dogs replied 8 years ago.

I located the manual for your 2-stage snow thrower and it provides detailed pictorial instructions on replacing the auger belt. Below are the steps to take, as well as the link to the manual, which you can also print for future reference.

1. Remove the plastic belt cover on the front of the engine by removing the two self-tapping screws.
• Drain the gasoline from the snow thrower, or place a piece of plastic under the gas cap.
• Carefully pivot the snow thrower up and forward so that it rests on the auger housing.
2. Remove the frame cover from the underside of the snow thrower by removing four self-tapping screws which secure it.
3. Roll the auger belt off the engine pulley.
4. Unhook the support bracket spring from the frame.
• Loosen and remove the shoulder screw which acts as a belt keeper.
• Remove the belt from around the auger pulley, and slip the belt between the support bracket and the auger pulley
• Reassemble auger belt by following instructions in reverse order.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT forget to reinstall the shoulder screw and reconnect the spring to the frame after installing a replacement auger belt.

I also wanted to provide you the link to Troy-Bilt, which has lots of useful information for equipment owners, including parts information in case you need it in the future:

If you need further assistance for repairs, please let me know. Thanks for using JustAnswer and I look forward to working with you again. Have a great day and weekend.