Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My ex stole my keys so i poped my ignition so he couldnt

Customer Question

My ex stole my keys so i poped my ignition so he couldnt steal my car because i figured i could just got to autozone and replace it. Also he parked my car in a tow zone so i didnt want it to be towed. When i go to turn it on a little green key light pops up though so i think my plan is shot and prob just have to call a locksmith or something. Can my car be remote started so i can at least move it out of the tow zone?
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Mitsubishi Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Its in park and no i dont know but i can look in my manual and see
JA: What year is your EX?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My plan was to just change the ignition keys so i took out the ignition cuz i dont want him to steal it and i cant aford it to be towed and stored
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A little green key light pops up though and it wont start am i just screed, lardon the word i couldnt think of another one ans have to get it towed now
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The keys must be programmed to the car for it to start. This system can not be bypassed. Can I get the model of the vehicle to see if you can self program the keys to the vehicle without a scan tool needed.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris