Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

06 mitsubishi galant no start, yes, cheked everything, k

Customer Question

06 mitsubishi galant no start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cheked everything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: k
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we like to talk to a mechanic
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. When you try to turn the key, what happens? Have you checked the fuses?

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

I would try switching the starter relay with another relay exactly like it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the car is turning... cranking the fuel pump has over 40 pound presureno sparkno fuelinto engineone cylinder checked..with over 170 lbs
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Is there a check engine light on and have you checked for codes? Were you having any previous signs of a problem? When and what were the conditions when this started? Have you tested the ignition control module?

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Is there a security or theft-deterrent sign on the dash?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no codes foundthe car brought to us not startingbeen siting for a monthhow do we begin to test the ign control module
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

You would have to remove it and test the resistance of the pins. This is as accurate as you can get without have a scantool with function checking capabilities.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where is the ign module the car
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Give me a few to pull up the exact location. What is the engine size of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2.4 l 2006 mitsubishi galant automatic
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

I hate to break the news to you, but your control module is actually the function of the ECM. I can send you instructions on testing the control module, if you'd like, but I believe that you should let a technician take care of it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the ecm is also changed with a known good one ..same result
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Have you tested the connector/pigtail for voltage? That could be the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am talking about the pcm that is by the battery was changed..which pigtail?
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

I'm speaking of the plugs that the pcm/ecm connects to.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there are 5 plus therewhich one?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have 12v that comes out of red/white wire that goes to cranksensor wire plugand have ground on the brown wirewith the key on position
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

I am going to send you information for the pins and testing procedures for the pcm. You would do well to test pins numbered 43, 51, 64, 83, 103, and 104. If the connections to the pcm are not strong, then you will have an issue like the pcm is bad.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok here is what i have43 to ground 12v51 to ground 6v64 to ground 1.6v83 to ground 12v104 to ground 1.8v103 to ground 6.75 v
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Okay, 43 is good. 51 and 64 should both read 12v. 83 is good. 103 has a high circuit and 104 is good. 51, 64, and 103 needs correcting or attention. 51 and 54 are power supplies and 103 is for the crank sensor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
correcting?
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Each circuit has to be traced to it's source, which will lead to the fuse box. They will have to be tested and checked for bad connections, faulty wiring, signs of burns, and repaired and replaced as needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
which fuse box ?
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Not sure. You will have to trace the wires. I'm assuming to the corresponding fuse. If you do not have a strong electrical background, I advise you to see and electrical technician.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
every fuse has been cheked out for power on both side of fuse unites..i mentioned earlier that when i cheked for power on the plug that goes to the crankshaft sensorthat with the key on i have battery supply and ground...the red and white is 12 volt..the brown is good ground.but nothing on the center wire..isnt that a good indication that power is being supplied from pcm ?
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

We are speaking of power directly to the ecm. You can have power at the plug but if the ecm is not able to send the signal properly, you get a malfunction.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the ecm is already changed , like mentioned earlier..
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Again, I'm not concerned with the ecm anymore. I'm concerned with the connection to the ecm.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can u send me the wiring diagram from the crankposition sensor to the pcm ? routing