sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My ASC off light came on while I was going over snow. I

Customer Question

My ASC off light came on while I was going over snow. I assume that's the reason the ASC light came on.after the ASC light turned off the check engine light came on for a little bit. Stopped for some lunch when I came back out the check engine light was off.Why Might this happen
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: I did not blink while it was on
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: you thousand 14 outlander Sports
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not even sure if there's anything wrong with the vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: To clarify I have a 2014 mits sport. I have no other information for him at this time
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will cause the engine engine light to come on and it will require some testing to determine what is going on.

he engine light comes on when the engine controller sees a failure in a system component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from spark plugs, injectors, coils, wiring, any engine sensor, transmission issues, evaporative emissions system leaks, catalytic converter efficiency; literally a failure in any powertrain component.

The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there.