Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

On a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS, the rear seats will not

Customer Question

On a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS, the rear seats will not fold. The first thing I discovered was that the levers (at the seat tops) connecting to the cables were broken at the joining point. I followed the cables and found access to the other ends by unzipping the lower corner part of the seat back by the wheel well and removing the round plastic cover. The problem is, even when I manually move the metal lever attached to the cable end, the seats still will not budge more than a few millimeters. Moving the lever makes a difference in that it will allow some movement, as opposed to none, but neither seat will properly move either forward or backward, even with a lot of force. What gives? Again, I want to emphasize that moving the metal levers does indeed release something, but it seems as if doing so releases the seat only halfway.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  trung do replied 7 days ago.

HI THIS IS TRUNG , WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY . THESE SEAT TEND TO HAVE A LOCK CABLE THAT RELEASE BOTH SIDE OF THE RAIL . CAN U ACCESS THE INSIDE OF THE SEAT MACHISM

Expert:  trung do replied 7 days ago.

DO YOU STILL NEED FURTHER HELP ?