Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When it get a heavy frost or rain it does not want to start

Customer Question

when it get a heavy frost or rain it does not want to start battery dead i went out to put a charger on it and with the key off and out of car you can hear the ecu fuse ticking i pullrd out to make it stop
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: its not the battery when it is full charge it will crank until it drains it
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2003 spyder gts
JA: Are you fixing your Spyder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet i was thinking that maybe the ingintion coil was getting moister
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but today i hear the ecu fuse ticking
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Low voltage can cause relays to chatter so I would not worry about that concern for now. I suggest having your battery load tested. Your description indicates the battery is failing or there is a parasitic draw on the battery with the car off that is draining the battery voltage.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris