sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Gday just got an 09 v6 triton just seeing whats invovled in

Customer Question

Gday just got an 09 v6 triton just seeing whats invovled in replacing the tx vavle?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: Over 300kms, just need to replace tx and reciever dryer
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Kb9tgjnher8
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah im a mechanic doing it for a mate, just want to know if incan do it without removing dash thanks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats fune cheers
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What was the model of the mitsubishi? I don't recognize what was in the description...

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Its an 2009 v6 triton looks like tx may be mounted at evaporater just seeing whats invovled in replacing it thanks

not a problem at all...let me see if I can find any information on this for you!

I'm sorry, I don't seem to have a listing for a Mitsubishi Triton, I didn't recognize it either. Is this by chance a car that is not available in the States?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Oh yeah maybe not, what vehicle do you guys have that year with the 3.5ltr v6?

I guess it depends, is it a car or a truck?

Actually, it doesn't matter because we don't have a mitsubishi at all with a 3.5l. I'm sorry, I am going to opt out and try to let another expert help you out because I don't seem to have any information for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Its a truck, dual cab 4x4, spewing i just wasted 25$ i didnt know you guys were an american site, shouldnt be on the aussie web

They should not have charged you yet, and if they have, there will be an option to refund. I suggest, however, that you rename the category of your question to "australia car" as this is an available option and would avoid your question being taken by Yankees such as myself who do not know you have an Australian car. Have a good day.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

My information on this vehicle is limited but seeing that your question has been up for an extended time without a response I would like to try to help.

This uses a conventional style expansion valve but it does not appear to be accessible from the engine compartment. If it were then you'd remove the lines at the firewall to reveal the expansion valve, then remove it's two screws and remove it from the evaporator lines. If you look at where the lines meet the firewall do they mount to a rectangular aluminum block?