Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

When I shift between awd & 4wd the light on dash doesn't

Customer Question

When I shift between awd & 4wd the light on dash doesn't come on. Also, there's a fuse spot (#12) in the fuse panel below drivers dash that is blank...? Is there suppose to be a fuse in there?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes. There's a 'popping' in the front driveline when I gas it or when I turn sharp. This may be due to an electric clutch not engaging. I have seen this before. Also, there's a wire loom going to both front tires. Do these hubs have an electric clutch engagement mechanism or is that an ABS brake wire?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2002 Montero Sport
JA: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The horn fuse was blown (fuse location #10) but another schematic said this #10 location was for the fail safe/range shift
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am fixing it myself but I am a fair mechanic. Just need to figure out why front drive line isn't 'locking up' with rear. I really don't think it's a spline shaft or knuckle. I need to know if/how the electric clutches work to engage front drive axle
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO, don't call me. I may've hit the 'call me' button & hope I don't get charged $26

no its okay , don't worry i want call you .

I m sorry i don't have good circuit diagram to help you on it

I will opt out of the your question and open it for other expert to assist you on it

Chad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I agreed to pay $5. I also got charged $13. I didn't get an answer. Not happy. I want my $13 refunded & have absolutely no idea how you managed to charge $13 after the $5.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I WANT THE $13 REMOVED! My bank said the transaction already went thru. I WILL write you guys up on Angie's List and contact the Better Business Bureau. How your slick-dick computer programmed jumped me for $13 to get a simple god dammed question answered is just pathetic.