Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My backup lights. i had nuetural safety switch changed 6

Customer Question

my backup lights. i had nuetural safety switch changed 6 months ago and that wasn't the problem. It was wire on fuse box.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: it is a mitsubishi raider
JA: What year is your Raider?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Raider yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well, it been at garage for 2 weeks now and mechanic cannot find problem. he can't even find backup switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is askin me to pay AGAIN?!?!?!?

What you see and what I see are different things. You should of paid a total so far for the question value. The website may be asking you if you want to also have a call service or sign up for a subscription plan. Again none of that I can see.

I assume the issue is no backup lights.

Here is the wire diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/backup.pdf

The switch is on the right rear of the transmission. Can you verify that switch shows both wires grounded when in reverse?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i cannot see your answers Moose, so therefor, i am not satisfied. this is a terible website

I posted an answer on the 24th after you replied. Sorry your not able to scroll up to see it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i seen your answer on the wire diagram, i cannpt read scimatics, if you can send a pic of it, i can do it

You need a picture of the back lamp switch?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have the switch. i need a pic of it on transmission. all the utube videos i looked at was for diff vehicles, none for mine. thanx

What liter engine do you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3.7

There is only a stand alone back up switch on the manual transmission. On the automatic the range sensor/fluid temp sensor combo on the valve body is the back up switch.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/rangesensor.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/VB.pdf

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is an automatic

I know it is an automatic which is why I provided the files for an auto trans

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, guess we are on different pages. thanx

Do you see the links I sent showing the range sensor which turns on the back up lights?