david carrier
david carrier,
Experience:  lead technician at firestone
96761930

My dashboard and steering wheel and especially glove box

Customer Question

My dashboard and steering wheel and especially glove box vibrates especially when idle. My car runs perfect. Except needs new heater core. Lol. I checked my engine when idling. And it is not moving. Dosent vibrate as much when glove compartment is left open. Plus i just had motor mounts. What do u think?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david carrier replied 16 days ago.

Hi this is dave with just answer and I'm here to help. is there any other information you can provide ie. any recent work done to the car, possible accident ect.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No. What do u think is wrong. I cant pay anymore

when do you notice the problem to most? is it a vibration or a rattle?

If the engine is running well and theres no vibration from the engine itself there is a good possibility something had broken or come loose in the dash. especially if the noise is less when the glove box is opened.

maybe someone has put a radio in the vehicle in the pas and didn't secure part of the dash and now over time it came loose. the most common cause of dash vibration is weak or broken motor mounts but if those have been replaced you will need to isolate the noise in the dash next