Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My car isnt starting, yup. ive cleaned the terminals, tried

Customer Question

my car isnt starting
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yup. ive cleaned the terminals, tried jumping it. the battery is fine. i pulled the starter off and had it tested at an auto parts store and it failed the test so i replaced it and the car still wont start. all i get when i turn the key is a soft buzzing sound.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 03 lancer es
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah im trying to fix it myself. i've replaced the starter so far but that didnt help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, thats about all the info i have at the moment
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer I value your input to my questions so I can help you better. Can you locate where that buzzing sound is coming from?have someone turn the key so you can locate it. Have you checked all connections power and ground to the starter and from the battery ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I couldn't pinpoint the location of the buzzing. I haven't been able to recheck my connections on the starter either. My friend was the one who installed the new starter on the car. The noise I am hearing though is the same noise that was heard with the old starter in place

Aw thanx for that info, I will give you a diagram of the starter circuit as well as the starter relay location.