peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Power windows and door lock stop working, Yes. however can't

Customer Question

Power windows and door lock stop working
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes . however can't locate the relay
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 06 lancer es
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am, motor work when power is applied to it., Front passenger door lock works, main switch has power on all lower contacts of plug
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: SRS & passenger light stays on
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your vehicle ETACS/ECU has the door lock and window control relays built into it.This ecu sends the signals to operate the locks and windows properly.With this acting up here with both of these issues this sounds like the common fault of this ecu at fault needing replaced.In some cases a fault code will set that will help indicate this as the cause here.This requires a scan tool that can communicate with this ecu as not all scan tools can do this.

Electrical testing is needed to verify the ecu is at fault but if you have no power to the motor when operated with the switch I suspect this is this ecu at fault which is common.If you need more info on this ecu let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks Pete . Can you tell me where the ecu is located.

Your welcome

This is built into the dash fuse panel itself on the interior of your model.It is all one unit.Once replaced it will have to be coded/programmed to your vehicle by a dealer or repair center that has access to programming.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete