peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Code needed for stereo 2002 eclipse... i have VIN number and

Customer Question

Code needed for stereo 2002 eclipse... i have VIN number and have serial from stereo but there isnt a part number anywhere on stereo...and i pulled the whole unit out after removing screws
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
1z045181d stereo serial
Vin...4A3AC84H62E099503
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Have you tried to contact a dealer to see if you can get this code number at all?In some cases this has to be done via serial number from a dealer.They may or may not charge a fee for this info and usually want to see proof of ownership and a photo ID.If this is or was attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Im trying to avoid paying a big fee to dealership so NO i havent contact them....i did try getting code from mits.com and am unable to submit request as its auto kicked back (rejected without submission) probably for missing part number...the website has a form to fill out if you have issues ,,,but the link is broken..tried from two laptops and one mobile....c.s. advised they would tell i.t. dept about bro***** *****nk and had no further assistance...... i have the stock infinity am.fm single cd stereo....NO cassette 2002 gt eclipse

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I took care of it, but thank you anyways