sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I keep blowing fuses when I use my left turn blinker, from

Customer Question

I keep blowing fuses when I use my left turn blinker
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: from my understanding yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2004 endeavor xls
JA: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to locate the problem first as I don't have a lot of money for a mechanic to work on my car. I have looked at the bulbs. I have unplugged all connectors and re connected I have let my right blinker run for 1 minute then turn on my left blinker and let it run and it doesn't even last ten seconds before blowing a fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: a couple months ago I turned on my left blinker and it would make my dash lights blink inside. And now when I press on my brake my right blinkers come on. Also before the first fuse blew the dash light starting blinking again when my left blinker turned n on*
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The fuse is blowing because of high current draw on the circuit. In this case the cause of the fuse blowing is almost surely going to be a short to ground on the circuit.

The problem could be anywhere between the fuse and each of the left turn signals bulbs. Some in depth testing/inspection of the wiring may be necessary to locate and repair the problem.

The most common place to find lighting wiring issues is trailer wiring. If you have trailer wiring then I would recommend starting with a close inspection of the wiring, the connector, and if you have a four way adapter in place try removing it.