peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My daughter just bought a2011 outlandish sport. She claims

Customer Question

My daughter just bought a2011 outlandish sport. She claims that it came with only one key(not a fob). She can start and drive vehicle however, can not lock doors when she park and leaves. Any suggestions?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: She did not receive a fob, just a key.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2011 outlandish sport
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No she lives in Florida and just bought the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this model is equipped with a door lock cylinder try locking all doors using this cylinder with the key.If it did not or this does not work then most likely the key fob is missing and a new one needs obtained and programmed to her vehicle from a dealer.In some cases a seller may not include the key fob if it was lost or damaged.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete