peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I had a Mitsubishi canter Fuso FBA30 and engine type 4p10.

Customer Question

HI....I had a Mitsubishi canter Fuso FBA30 and engine type 4p10. Two weeks ago i saw red light on the dash board ( ENG SYS) .when light come on the dash engine power lost staggers. Please send me whats the meaning of light and what i have to do?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Yes you right. when red light come up on the dash , its stay only 5 sec. In same time engine power get lost . please send me your email. I can send you pictures.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: MAKE- Mitsubishi canter Fuso
JA: What year is your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Model- FBA 60 , Year--2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ok What you want to know?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With this light coming on here this can indicate a number of different components at fault causing this issue unfortunately.This is a general fault light to let you know that one or more components are found to be at fault on the engine or transmission.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool or computer that can plug into your model and can communicate with all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.

I have seen components like transmission solenoids cause this as well as EGR valve or exhaust components restricted but this can be a large number of different components at fault and is why the codes do need read out to help diagnose and repair this issue here.Most shops or a dealer can read the codes and diagnose the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete