Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

No security display on dash, Yesterday, 2002 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

No security display on dash
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Yesterday
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse gs
JA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses and all are okay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No overhead lights not working also
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no security display for dash
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are u therel

Hey how are you

It looks like you have ECU problem , the dome light is controlled by it and the security display if lost both ,that is usuualy the case.

unplug ecu ,spray contact cleaner ,look for burned spots and reinstall ,if all fuses ,then replace ecu

DOME LIGHT With the dome light switch in the "door controlled operation" (middle) position, the ETACS-ECU controls the dome light operation as follows: - When a door is opened from outside or inside [with the ignition switch turned to "LOCK" (OFF)]: When a door is opened, the ETACS-ECU causes the dome light to be illuminated at 100 percent intensity. When the door is closed, it dims the dome light to 65 percent intensity and approximately 30 seconds later, turns out the light completely. During this period (timer controlled period), the dome light goes out if the ignition switch is turned "ON" or the doors are locked. - When a door is opened or closed with the ignition switch in the "ON" position: The dome light illuminates at 100 percent intensity when a door is opened and turned out when it is closed. - When no door is opened and the ignition key is removed: The dome light is illuminated at 100 percent intensity and turned off approximately 30 seconds later. During that time (timer-controlled period), the dome light goes out if the ignition key is inserted and turned to "ON" or the door locking system is activated. - Dome light's answerback operation in response to door lock control by keyless entry system: To allow the driver to confirm the doors have locked by the keyless entry system, the ETACS-ECU causes the dome light to blink twice when the doors are locked by the RKE system and to illuminate for approximately 15 seconds when the doors are locked. The dome light's answerback operation in response to a keyless entry system control action is accompanied by flashing of the hazard warning lights. INTERIOR LIGHT AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN FUNCTION This function prevents the battery from being discharged when the door is open or the dome light remains on with the ignition switch at the "LOCK" (OFF) position. The ETACS-ECU turns on its "keep" relay to switch off the battery power supply to the interior lights when the interior light loaded signal and all door switches remain on for approximately 30 minutes with the ignition switch at positions other than ACC. Then the interior lights will be switched off. If the ignition switch is turned on again, the ETACS-ECU turns on its "keep" relay to illuminate the interior lights.

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it .

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat