peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

ONLY PLS.***, A short answer a little out of your direct

Customer Question

DOUG ONLY PLS.***Hi Doug,A short answer a little out of your direct area (more a body question) but I thought you might be in a position to answer.I have an 08 Galant with cloth upholstery. I am considering ordering a set of OEM leather Galant upholstery from eBay which was apparently removed years ago from a new Galant that was being customized and therefore has almost no wear at all on it.Do you have a feel for how complicated a job this would be to put in? The seat portions (I won't call them covers, because in this case I guess that isn't the correct term) seem to have seat-width 'clips' on the bottom but that's all I a can see. I assume I'd have to cut the cloth upholstery off for the leather to fit properly.If you can't answer I understand, just let me know.Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

These may also be held to the seat cushion with hog rings that secure them that need cut as you peel back the seat covers then new hog rings installed as you install these covers.This is how most are attached.You would want to remove the seats then disconnect the side clips you see and peel back to see if hog rings hold these in place.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete