Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My son is having limp mode issues with his 07 mitsubishi

Customer Question

My son is having limp mode issues with his 07 mitsubishi outlander. It's been towed 3 separate times...twice to my mechanic and once to his choice which was a Mitsubishi dealership. After about $800.00 we still don't know if it is fixed or not..Was told by the dealership both cats needed to be replaced which is about another $1200. Was told though that need to find problem first or it will happen again. Any suggestions?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Freddie,

When the system goes into Limp mode the computer should be setting a fault code and or codes. Can you tell me what the fault code and or codes are that are setting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know the exact code but the dealership told my son it had to do with the cats. They are the one's that cleaned the throttle body (I guess) and said it was his cats. The reason I guess is because they only charged him 189.00 to do cleaning and put it on machine. Been sitting for a few months not knowing what really to do with it. Afraid for him to drive in big city and all of a sudden go into limp mode...Only able to drive 5mph
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

If you can get me the actual code and or codes its setting. In most cases if the cats have failed they will restrict and limit the power permanently until they are replaced.