Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Car was running. Ran a couple of errands and my 2002

Customer Question

Car was running. Ran a couple of errands and my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited won't start. No click no nothing. Tried to jump with no love. Found the positive terminal a little loose. Tightened it but found fumbling with that cable caused the internal light to come in. Tried the turn the ignition but get a click then dead again. Fumbling with that terminal has a fuselink box on it (for ABS fuse and something else) and another cable. There appears to be a disconnect somewhere. But still even when we wiggle the connection and the light cuts on we can turn the car and it's dead completely after trying. It doesn't appear to be a battery issue. Maybe terminal connection to starter or bad ignition? Thoughts?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david craig replied 7 months ago.

Hi Im David, that terminal should not be able to be moved. neither of them. if they arent completely tight and the battery isnt fully charged to 12.5 vdc. the engine wont start.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cable was tightened

ok. then what is the battery voltage? do you have a meter?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Battery is new

when you attempt to start the vehicle does the red security light go out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

it just make a click?

Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

hello?