350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

My 1994 Mitsubishi expo has no fire to the spark plugs. She

My 1994 Mitsubishi expo has no fire to the spark plugs. She will start and after running for about 5 or 10 minutes when we speed her up she cuts off and wil not start until she cools back down.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes it's not the batteries
JA: Are you fixing your Expo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We changed the injectors , complete coil pack, complete distributor , computer, fuel pump and yes we are fixing it our selfs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes we tried the spark plug caps with the meter and we are not getting any fire

Hello

From your description I'd say that this is a failed engine speed sensor

however this is contained within the distributor so unless you transferred the old guts over into the new housing then that has already been replaced

I'd next trace the wiring back from the distributor, checking for insulation damage and corroded connections

and also check that the main engine earth connection is tight and clean with no corrosion

also check the condition of the engine ECU power fuse and relay

again for broken and corroded parts

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you