Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

2003 Outlander installed new catalytic converter and both

Customer Question

2003 Outlander installed new catalytic converter and both oxygen sensors for state inspection in Jun 2016 because check engine light was on. Drove approx 2,000 miles and check engine light came on. took back to installer and was told code showed bad catalytic converter. Not wanting to spend more money I drove it home. Drove 40 miles and light went out. Drove another 40 miles and the light came back on. Drove 20 miles and light went out. Have driven another 60 miles and light is still out. I don't want to spend money replacing catalytic converter and oxygen sensors if there is something else that should be repaired or replaced.
Gary Briere
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hi Gary! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

Do you happen to know the "p-code" that is currently stored in the on-board computer?

Do you know if the replacement Converter that was installed was a "universal" type?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do not know p-code. yes it was a universal I wasnt supposed to be charged until I saw my answer. My card was charged before I received this follow up request??
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 14 days ago.

I have no control over billing what so ever. I am simply a user, just like yourself. The website connects question-asking users with question-answering users, and they handle everything in between. If you have a billing question, you'll need to contact customer service. There should be a link at the bottom of your page. They're really nice over there. They'll take good care of you. When you get your billing questions solved, reply back and we cna continue on...