peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I have just noticed my engine light is on but seems to be

Customer Question

Hi there I have just noticed my engine light is on but seems to be running fine any ideas on what this could be
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No not as yet it seems to be running fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2006 outlander the 4 cylinder auto
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I generally service it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think off
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There are several components that can cause this fault here and still allow the engine and transmission to operate properly.Some of the common causes is a worn oxygen sensor,stuck closed EGR valve or in some cases other sensors like evap sensors and solenoids.Since the engine and transmission are operating properly you should be o.k. to drive it for now unless it starts to act up but I do recommend having this looked into and repaired as soon as you can.Most shops or a dealer can read out and diagnose the fault codes.A local parts store will usually read out the fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete