sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I keep getting strange creeks and noises from behibd driver,

Customer Question

I keep getting strange creeks and noises from behibd driver, not alwayd, like parts hitting each other with a metallic sptingyvfeel to it. Because of high pitch, and it being occasional i can't pinpoint it while driving. Anyvareas i should check and add some foam in the imiev?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The noise could be many things and you'd have to pinpoint the source to be able to know if it's something you can isolate with foam or how to otherwise repair it. You could be hearing trim panels, it could be a sheet metal or structural issue, it may be a suspension issue or another problem underneath such as a heat shield, etc.

The best thing to do would be to have a second person drive while you sit in the back and try to pinpoint the source of the noise. If it's coming from inside then trim panels will likely need to be removed as necessary to locate the source and then repair the problem.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is there any particular location the Mitsubishi iMiev suffers from these annoying sounds? As I noted they don't happen every time and only happen while driving. I'll try recording them next time they appear.

There isn't a single possible cause for the issue. It's going to need to be located by a second person at the time the noise is happening to determine the source and determine how it can be repaired.