Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I’m the original owner of a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante with

Customer Question

Hi. I’m the original owner of a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante with 187,000 miles. I’ve kept up the maintenance by the book since day1. Has operated great until recently. Here’s my problem: 100% of the time after a rain and probably 2% when no rain for days, the car will crank for minutes, eventually starting, after having the fuel filter, pump, and line all replaced by a local shop. They cannot diagnose why it won’t immediately start. I’m fearful I’ll need to replace my starter after cranking so so much. Any ideas what to have checked?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 19 days ago.
Hey there thanks for the question.Since it is almost exclusive to rainy days we need to consider a water issue but it may just something on the way out being effected by the humidity on rainy days.
Expert:  Jake replied 19 days ago.
That being said, I'd check spark first on a rainy day to verify its not a distributor issue. If that checks out, might be time to look for some water intrusion or air leaks