Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Are you available to answer questions ?? If so I got the

Customer Question

Hey Doug; Are you available to answer questions ?? If so I got the horn back working and sure enough it was a pinched ( airbag) wire shorting on the wheel. So I read the codes for the cruise control & they came up as : , "12-17-12-17-12-17-12-17 " hope this helps I'm suppose to hit the road Tuesday 10-11 at the latest so hopefully we can get this one as the first leg is Cali to Iowa ( whew!! ) Let me know Thanks BD
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 19 days ago.
Hi,I should be alright to help for a bit. That hurricane just passed through and we are on battery power right now but hoping out grid is up again soon.
Let me see if I can dig up those cruise codes.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Great. Glad to hear you're OK. I've got a few other Friends in Florida, Orlando, Melbourne, Mary Lake.., Hope Mathew has moved past you & yours..,
Expert:  Doug replied 19 days ago.
Yeah we did pretty well, thanks. Just sweating from the heat and waiting for the batteries to die :)
12 and 17 are for your vehicle speed sensor and throttle position sensor, respectively.
I take it your speedometer is working okay? Can we check your throttle sensor on a scan tool and make sure it is reading 600mv while closed and when opened the village increases linearly?
If everything looks okay, let's unhook the battery to clear codes then recheck and see if both return.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How would i access a scan tool?? Sad yes speedo works fine..
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Doug replied 19 days ago.
Sorry, having a hard time getting internet access!
If you don't have access to a scan tool you can use a multimeter. Unplug the tps and check for voltage with the key on (note this will set the engine light on). When you find the wire with 5v, plug it back in and back probe the 5v wire and see what the voltage is at rest.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok Ill check it .If you have to "Bug out" no worries.Stay Safe..,
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hey wher are these sensors located??
Expert:  Doug replied 19 days ago.
The tps is located on the side of the throttle body, it is the one with two screws holding it on and appears slotted for adjustment (it is). The vehicle speed sensor is in the left side of the tail shaft housing on the transmission/transfer case. On that one, check for fluid leaking through the sensor as well as wiring damage more so than sensor failure since the speedo works.